Sunday, December 11, 2011

WIW {Christmas Party & Hair}






I had my work Christmas tonight.  

I know it's bizarre to some of you since it's not even the night of the 10th!.  Right now it's 11:06 on Saturday night.  

This is what I wore:








Look at those roots!!!!!. 

 I've been trying to grow my hair out and I have to say i've been doing a pretty good job.  

I had blonde highlights for a LONG time.  I asked my hair dresser (my friend) to color over them and she graciously said " you won't keep it for long but i'll do it anyways"

In the short time that she's known me, she knows I don't keep a hair style long.  I change my hair like I change my undies (which is often)

But I made a decision a few months ago that I was going to grow it out and make it "natural".

Lately, I've had a few questions via e-mail about my hair and thats why i'm writing about my hair!.  

So my friend/hairdresser (and did I mention that my cat and her cat are sisters?) put a solid color over all my highlights and put a few foils under neath a few months ago.  

I have to say that i've kept it growing and haven't gone back to get anything done.  I do use a special shampoo that will bring out the brown once in a while but other than that I haven't done anything.  










So thats the scoop on my hair.  

My plan with my hair?;  Keep growing it out and eventually be all natural color.  I don't have any gray {yet} so why not?!

Top &  Shoes: Target
Jeans: Cotton ON
Watch: Fossil
Necklace & Leather Wrap Bracelet: Miss Mommy Shop

I'll be linking this up here:

pleated poppy

Now it's 12:16 am and I think it's time for me to hit the hay.  Catch ya later friends :) xx

10 comments:

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

Peach is definitely your color! Your outfit is great as it your hair! :) Happy Christmas!
~Lisa @ OC

LillysNLollipops said...

Het the rooted look is in right now! People are asking for roots... Its called ombre...anyways cute shirt!
Amanda @ Lillys&Lollipops

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

Love the shirt looks just perfect on you. I think your hair is beautiful. It's a tough job growing out your hair but just stay away from the salon, ha ha. xoxo

AbsoluteMommy said...

Love the outfi. I'm trying to build up to a WIW post... But you are inspiring! You look beautiful!! Great outfit!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

LOVE that color shirt on you!! Looks like you had a great time! XO

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Since you have highlights the roots really don't look that bad. I used to dye my hair black and eventually made the choice to grow it out. It wasn't pretty for a long time, but eventually I just gave it a big chop and got rid of all the old hair. It has been two and a half years since then and I'm so glad I did it. It's amazing how healthy hair is when you stop dying it. I don't know if I'll be able to dye it ever again! Good luck .:)

Christina said...

You look so cute! I'm trying to grow my hair out too! I will not cave this time!! LOL!

fivejensenboyz said...

Your hair looks so pretty...didn't even notice the roots....LOVE the color of your top and the necklace and earrings are to die for! SUPER cute!

Alyssa Jeffers said...

Very pretty! And might I add, that I wish we could wear short sleeves here in Wisconsin for work Christmas parties!!! We have been bundling up for months now:( Merry Christmas to your family!!

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

Your hair looks great! I love the color it is! And that top... TOO cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...