Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Zoo

Yesterday was Australia Day, so everyone had the day off work.  We spent the morning at the Melbourne Zoo.  The girls loved it!.  The highlight for Eve was the Lions.  She was asking all day to see the Lions. 

The day started off with rain and we decided to head to the Zoo anyways and keep our fingers crossed that the rain stopped.  Luckily, it didn't rain 1 drop while we were at the Zoo.  It was, however, over-cast and a bit chilly, but it actually made a nice day walking around the Zoo because we didn't get too hot.

We headed home around noon, and we all slept the afternoon away.  So over all, us Canadians had a great Australia day. 

I forgot my camera, but took some pictures with my phone but haven't had a chance to get them onto the computer yet.

Tomorrow I'm taking Eve to get her school shoes and some other school uniform items.  Hard to believe my baby will be 5 next week AND start school.  It's a big week - maybe more so for me!

2 comments:

agardener said...

It's hard for us to believe our Evie is going to be five - we have missed so much of her young life.
Love to all

Janice said...

I'm glad Evie had a good time at the zoo! and that there was'nt any Goat mishaps!lol.
Give Evie a BIG KISS on her b-day from all her
Canadian family, who love and miss her deeply!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...