Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wellon Family Vacation

I realised just the other day that I haven't posted pictures of our vacation.  Things get hectic and life tends to take over.  Work, kids, and every day life takes over and I lose track of the small things in life.  I lose track of the small and very sentimental things life.  

While on vacation I tried to soak in the small things

Every.single.day Lilah would wake up and say "I swimmy, I swimmy" 

Hubs and I took the kids to the pool every.single.day and Lilah would just stand there and wouldn't swim!!







I forget to soak these moments in.  I forget how sacred they are.  I thought that since Eve was older I would have learned just how quick they go by, but I have gotten tainted.  I've gotten tainted by the outside world and how precious the moments of innocent childhood are.  




 
This is the first vacation Hubs and I have taken with the girls.  

Looking back a few weeks after....I miss it.  I wish we could go back.  We were relaxed.










Hubs often works 6 days a week and I work 3 full days bad have my online business and blog.  We get dis-connected.  I forget how precious life is and how important it is to appreciate the little things.  



















When did I become so jaded?.  When did I stop appreciating the small and beautiful things in life?



I wish we could slow down.  



Life should say that before you have kids and become an adult.  ENTER HERE IF YOU DARE!!.  I wish I had a warning at how quick life passes by.  








We've been back from vacation for 2 weeks.  Things have gone back to normal.  Hubs working 6 days a week, me working, keeping up with house work etc.  

Vacations are very short lived - even if they are so memorable.










I wish we could be on vacation every day - but thats obviously not possible.  

Hubs and I have to learn to appreciate the small things and milestones.  

We need to slow down and enjoy life every day.  




I realised just how lucky I am.  I am so lucky to have 2 beautiful and healthy children.  I always knew that but it didn't really sink in.  

We had a fantastic vacation and we are going to do it every year.  

Next vacation is Canada with the girls in July 2012.  
Photobucket


6 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

love the family pic of you guys & the koala! so cute!
and great post about savoring the small things... they really do go by so fast! :)

AbsoluteMommy said...

You are so right. I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the moment. It passes by so quickly! Love the photos your girls are so cute. Wonderful post!!

Amanda said...

Great post! I love the pictures - especially the ones with the animals! Your girls are beautiful!

Sheri said...

Ohhhh what beautiful pics! Your family is so precious!!
Vacations ARE too quick, the wonderful feeling fades pretty quick once you get back to real life.
Canada next July.....that's awesome!!!!! It is blizzarding in my part of Canada right now. I'm drooling over those beach pics. : )
xo
Take care!

Lindsay said...

OHMY! The Koala picture -- TOO CUTE! These are all great. Looks like such a fun vacation -- everyone looks so genuinely happy! It's so easy to forget to stop and appreciate the small things when you have a chaotic life as us mommies do. It's always nice to sit back and reflect on all of the little (and wonderful!) things sometimes.

LillysNLollipops said...

Looks like a fun vacation! Great pictures!

Amanda @ Lillys & Lollipops

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...