Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friends

I talked to my best friend this morning, and I'm a little concerned about her.  She's having a few medical problems (which I think and hope will work themselves out), and some problems finding good friends back in Canada.  We've been friends for years, and sort of lost touch (for a reason neither of us remembers!), then re-connected a few years ago and have been inseperable since.  It broke my heart when I hugged her goodbye when I moved over here.  I am, however, very thankful that we remain close despite the distance between us.  She is so kind and has sent me some packages with goodies from back home (which I LOVE). 

I have made new friends here and really cherish that.  I am very glad I have friends here, and most of them have kids.  Our kids get along, and it's a nice feeling knowing that I am considered a friend to someone here, and they have really embraced me and been there for me in times of saddness and homesickness.  But, will I ever have another close friend like my friend in Canada?.  Will I forever be living my life here with "friends"?.  Without that closeness I share with my best friend?.  I've already had to come to terms with the fact that I do not have family here and I am not part of a family here, so do I have to just come to terms with the fact that I will never have a close friend here?.  Perhaps time will tell. 

Speaking of friends, I'm about to go and bring some flowers to one of them because she had surgery yesterday.  She's ok, and feeling well.  I'm so glad. 

One thing I know is that these 2 girls below are my best friends, and I can always count on them, and we love eachother unconditionally :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...