Monday, August 23, 2010

"The Mums"

My sister in law is set to get married next Dec 31, 2011. She went out yesterday and got her wedding dress. She went with her mom (my mother-in-law), and her fiance's mom.

We went over to my mother-in-laws for dinner last night, so my SIL tried her dress on for me - it's beautiful. I said "K, that dress is so pretty, I feel like i'm going to cry", she said "Yes, well when the mums saw me in it, they both cried". That hit a raw nerve with me. "The mums". Oh what a nice thing to have...."the mums" watching you pick out and try on your wedding dress. Together. In the same place. What a dream. My SIL is getting an amazing, supportive, and sweet mother in law. What a nice thing to have. I consider her such a lucky person, to have an amazing fiance, her mom here, supporting her every move, and loving her so much. She also has a great job, she's beautiful, confident, and has things in such a perfect place.

It would be wrong for me to say I wasn't riddled with jealousy sometimes. And don't get me wrong, I am so happy for my SIL that she is happy and has found true happiness. I just want what she has...."the mums", close and loving me like they do her. Not that my mom doesn't love me - she loves me so much and I know that. It would just be so nice to hug her, just to physically feel that love.

On a brighter note, my Grandma has quit smoking. She has been smoking for 61 years and has not had a cigarette in 15 days. I could not be more thrilled for her. If she can achieve that much success in beating that habit after all that time, it makes me confident that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. God I love her so much.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...