Monday, September 20, 2010

Movies

I went to the movies last night with a friend.  She is not only a "friend", but she's a "Canadian friend"!.  She is from Saskatoon, and has been living here for 3 years. 

I feel like we can relate to eachother because we have SO much in common.  We are both from Canada, both have 2 kids (same age difference), both miss our families tremendously, both stay-at-home moms, and we both have troubled relationships with the same certain people in our lives here. 

She always motivates me to be better, and that I can cope with being here without the support group I have been so used to my entire life.  We had a good chat last night, and although I get saddened by not being close to my family and not having that close bond and close friendship with friends here, she made me feel better. 

I really appreciate her and all she has done to help me, and for being there for me.  She's the one person here that never judges me, and understands precisely how I feel.....and for that I am extremely grateful.  I hope that our friendship continues to flourish and we can become even closer. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...