Saturday, September 4, 2010

C25K Challenge

C25K is a 9 week excersize challenge.  it stands for Couch to 5K.  It assists you to build up your running by alerting you to walk and run at certain times.  I downloaded the app onto my phone, so I will hopefully (when it stops raining) get into this. 

I had my first week on Tony Ferguson and lost 1.8 kilos and 2 centimeters off my waist.  Woo Hoo!.  When I signed up, I got this gift pack thing, and inside came a book.  I have been reading this book and so far it's been pretty interesting and informative in the dieting department.  It tells us that we self-sabotage because we feel so restricted etc.  That is EXACTLY what I do!.  He also went on to tell us about this tudy that was done on 2 groups of people.  One group was going on a diet the next day and the other was not.  They were both told to eat as much ice cream as they wished to.  The group going on the diet the next day ate double the ice cream than the group that was not.  Interesting.  We apparently tend to binge and over-eat when we feel restricted - therefore leading to sabotage.  So far in this book his philosophy seems to be not dieting and feeling restricted....I will continue reading and keep you posted. 

Overall the week was good.  Found out hubby got a new job, so that was a huge relief and load taken off.  Other then that nothing new happened. I also went to see a Career Counsellor at Victoria University about going back to school.  I got all the information I need, now I just have to take the next step.  Spent the rest of the week with my 2 little beauties.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...