Saturday, May 14, 2011

In my other life

Do you ever daydream about another life?
I do.

I dream that I would be this swanky girl living in Manhattan New York in this amazing apartment and have this executive job where I wear an expensive suit to work everyday.  I stop at the coffee bus in front of my office then get into the elevator and go up to the 20th floor just in time to run into an important meeting. 
It's late when I leave work, but I still head out for dinner with friends.

My weekends are spent going for a run, walking my small dog and walking around my beautiful neighbourhood.  At night I go out on a date or with friends.  I lead a full filling but rather simple life. 

In my second life, I am one of the real Housewives of OC.  I'm rich but have worked hard for it.  I get spray tans every week, get my nails and hair done all the time, have nannies, and endless money to go shopping.  I have a lot of time to spend on myself and go to the gym.  I have a perfect 10 body and have had liposuction and breast implants.  It's always sunny and I drive a convertible BMW or Mercedes.

As appealing as one of these lives sound, I'm happy with the one i've got. I have a lot of things to be thankful for.  Even though my body isn't even close to being a perfect 10 - I'd say it's a 3 in fact, I think i'll keep it and work on it.  It's not sunny here all the time (contrary to popular belief), it's actually cold and rainy today, and has been for the past week.  I don't drive some fancy car, and don't have nannies but i'm ok with that.  I don't get to spend my weekends and week nights going out for dinners etc, they are spent cooking for my family, and chasing my kiddos around.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  I like my job, house, car, and will keep this simple little life i've got.

What do you dream about in your other life?


1 comment:

agardener said...

remember what your papa always told you? that could have been your life! too late now
love ya\

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...