Friday, October 21, 2011

WAKE UP!

I don't even know how to begin this post.  Perhaps by showing you the picture first you will get a better idea why I may be all over the place.


This is why I am so shaken up and scattered.  I was in an accident - my first accident last night.  We are all OK - thank god, but I'm still feeling dis-belief.  

It really did happen in an instant, but the weird thing is that in that instant it felt like it was minutes.  The actual impact literally lasted seconds, if not 1 second, but I can remember it as if it was played in really slow motion.  You know when they put slow-motion on TV or something, thats how it feels to me.  I remember my face almost hitting the steering wheel and it was all so slow.  It still amazes me that the air bags didn't go off.  

Once we were stopped, my first reaction was the girls.  They were fine but hysterical.  So I got them out and made sure they were ok. 

 Then I froze.

I didn't know what to do.  I got my phone and tried to call someone but couldn't.  I pressed phone, then the exit button about 10 times before I finally pressed "Hubs" in my recents.  Hubs was at work and all I said was "i've had an accident", and he kept saying "are you ok, who with?", and I just kept saying "I had an accident, I had an accident".  Oddly though I didn't shed a tear, I think I was in a panic and shocked that I couldn't have that reaction.  I wasn't emotionally there.  I was more in crisis management mode then anything.  

Once my sis-in-law came and took the girls back to her place to get them some dinner, and settle them down was I finally able to call the insurance company to arrange a tow truck.  

I'm upset about the car obviously, and ticked off at myself but more than anything i'm so thankful. I'm so thankful that we are all ok.  I was cuddling the girls last night once we got home and thinking to myself "I am SO lucky".  It doesn't matter about the car - that can be replaced but neither of my girls can.  Thank God that we are all ok, and are able to walk away.    

Even in the aftermath of my traumatic experience I am still feeling happy and thankful.  

Photobucket

24 comments:

A Little Piece of Me said...

Oh my goodness!! I cannot imagine how scary that must have been. Your car looks bad. Lucky it was the front corner of the car and not the back door. The way you described trying to call someone is what happened to me with Dakota's drowning. I was in shock and for the life of me I could not work my phone. Thank God someone across the pool already had emergency services on the line. I was so in shock I told my husband and my mother "Dakota drowned" my mom relayed the same message to my son. They all thought she was dead. In a panic, no matter how prepared we are, everything goes out the window. I am so glad you are all okay. It will take some time to get over the shock, as you can tell Dakota's even that happened in June came back to haunt me two days ago. Thankfully we both have a great reminder of how precious life is and that we are more focused on enjoying it now. Hugs to you Nicole. :)

Melissa said...

♥ Nicole ♥

I am so sorry about the accident. AM SO VERY HAPPY you and the girls are okay :)

It is such a scary experience and will take some time to overcome. So sit back, grab a cup of (whatever you drink) and relax.

The most important thing, as you mentioned, is that YOU ARE ALL OKAY :)

Lots of LOVE and Big Hugs,

Melissa

Babaloo said...

That is so scary. I am teaching my oldest to drive right now and I can't emphasize enough to him how things can happen in an instant and you have to be prepared. Your post teaches me that there really isn't anything I can do to fully "prepare" him for something like that. So glad you and the little ones are okay.

Lacey said...

How scary! I am glad that you and your girls are okay. I can't imagine how shaken up the three of you must be, and your hubs too! Picking up the phone and hearing a loved one say, "I had an accident," is never something you want to hear. I hope you are all able to spend the next few days together cuddling and having fun to take your minds off it as much as possible.

Katie said...

So so so glad that you and the girls are OK! I can understand why you are still shaken up - that will probably last a few days. I think it probably shook you up even more since you had your precious cargo with you. So scary, but like I said Im so glad you guys are ok Nicole.

Cerrisse said...

Poor thing! accidents are always so traumatic. It's just good that you guys are ok.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad that you are all okay and sorry about your car. It's true what they say, it can happen in an instant. {hugs}

Lindsay said...

That is SO SCARY! :( I'm so sorry that happened, and so thankful you're all okay. I was in my first accident on my first day of college class -- rear-ended by a huge truck, my car totaled, in a far away place where I had no family around. It was horrible and so, so, so scary. I'm so thankful you're all alright and hopefully this is your first and last accident!

JK said...

Thank goodness you and your girls are ok!! Hugs to you guys!

Sherry said...

I'm so glad you and your girls were ok. I've only had one accident in my lifetime and what you described was exactly how I felt. It took a couple days for that feeling to wear off. So sorry that happened to you:(

Kourtney said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry... I know accidents are very scary. I can just imagine how much more so when your babies are with you. I'm so glad you're okay.

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Oh no! I'm glad you and your girls are ok!
I'm sorry this happened to you.
I bet you must have been scared but thankfully it is all material and can be fixed, you and your girls are fine and that's all that matters.
So glad you are ok!
Take care and get some rest girl! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Karen said...

So glad that you guys are ok! So frightening to have to experience that and with your girls too!

Unknown said...

I'm glad everyone is OK.

You might feel some random aches and pains. That's normal. When you hit a car like that, things get shaken up.

Miranda said...

oh that is horrible! glad you all are ok!

kyna... said...

{Big Hugs} to you! I can only imagine how scary that was, especially with the girls in the car! I am so glad to hear everyone is alright!
♥ Kyna

personal injury attorney said...

Incidents such as this are unavoidable, especially in congested streets. That's why you should get car insurance and also a personal injury lawyer to do your bidding.

class action lawyer said...

I'm glad you and your children are safe and sound. These accidents are teaches us a lesson to value your life and live in the moment.

private health insurance said...

It's not just injury lawyers, but to address a more immediate concern- health and injury treatment.

dog bite attorney los angeles said...

This is so scary. I'm so glad all of you are all right.

health insurance plans said...

I'm sure someone up there has better plans for you, and that is why you're still safe. Keep on praying and be more careful next time.

personal injury attorney los angeles said...

Personal injury claimants aren't usually just for the money.

bus to kl said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing!

singapore car rent said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts. I wanted to thank you for this special read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...