Sunday, July 10, 2011

Date Night

The girls went to Grandmas for the night so Hubs and I had a date.

We went Ice skating!



They wouldn't allow me to take my camera on the ice - BUMMER.  

I did pretty good skating considering it's probably been 10 plus years since I've been on the ice.  Hubs hasn't skated in 14 years and did very well.  Neither of us fell.  We almost did - but managed to save ourselves.

We went out to dinner afterwards, but the camera batteries died so we didn't get any photos.  The restaurant was right on the water at the Docklands.  Unfortunately, dinner was less than perfect :(

We truly enjoyed each other last night and had a great night despite our crappy dinner.  We went home after dinner and watched The Hangover.  So we laughed and laughed together, and had an incredible time together.  

We said we're going to try and do this once a month.....that's if the kids behave for Grandma!







11 comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Awww! How cute! I haven't been ice skating in like 8 or 9 years, but it's so much fun! I'm glad y'all got to have some alone time :)

Leslie said...

I have never gone ice skating with my hubby. That is a date that NEEDS to happen!!!

Jill said...

Just had to stop by and say thank you so much for your FUN comment on my blog :) You should definitely get a sewing machine!

Jill @ made it on monday

Barbara said...

I would love to do date night once a month! That looks like a fun night even if the dinner wasn't perfect!

Petra said...

Oooh, ice skating sounds like fun! You two are such cuties in your timed photo, ducking down to get the shot like that. Love it!

Jeanine Byers said...

Cool pics! I haven't skated since high school and even then, wasn't too steady :).

Followed you here from Real Momma, Real Style.

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Hooray for date nights!

Brit said...

Yah for grandma's, and Yah for date nighta :) Love your outfit, perfect for ice skating and then for dinner. Thanks for sharing ;)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Sharde said...

the fact that you have ice skating where you live is awesome. im quite jealous. theres none here until its freeezing out! like the outfit!


the style projects

Delaney said...

Cute! Looks like fun! Although, I'm not good at skating!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

The Sugar Mountain said...

haha! great wiww post:) I used to love to ice skate- maybe I need a little relief from the south texas heat so I might need to revisit it. Very cute blog! Come say hi @ thesugarmountain or on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Sugar-Mountain/247163438629155?sk=info

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...