Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How I became a blogger & HELP PLEASE!!!!

Ok, first off i'll address why I need HELP!!!

I am NOT computer savvy.  I'm trying and i'm slowly getting there.  I need your help.  I love my readers and if anyone can assist me with my problem, it would  be GREATLY appreciated.

I had my guest blogger here (and if you haven't figured it out, it's Ashley from The Shine Project), and she finished off her post and put some buttons etc in the post and instead of them coming up as the pictures they are still coming up as the codes.  Anyone know how to fix this or what I should do???.  Is it some setting?.  HELP!!!

Oh and BTW.....stay tuned if you want to win one of Ashley's Shine necklaces ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ok, now onto the story of how & why I became a blogger.

It was about Feb 2010 and I had a friend at my  house watching my girls.  She used my computer and caught up on a blog that she reads.  The blog was saved in my history and I stumbled upon it and started reading.

The blog is a  babyloss blog and so very very sad, but I got enthralled in it and couldn't stop reading.  I also started reading other blogs until 1 day when I came across this Pom Pom Necklace Tutorial  that someone tried and had linked it back to Ashley at Little Miss Momma.  Well that was it for me - I was HOOKED.  I did that necklace (sadly didn't take photos or anything though), and kept reading and haven't missed 1 single post of Ashley's.  I stalked for a while and then started stalking Nina at Momma Go Round.  I was commenting on peoples blogs all the time and thought it was time to start my own.  I pondered this for a while wondering if anyone would want to hear what I have to say or would even be interested.  In the end I thought if it doesn't eventuate into anything it would be a good way and 1 spot for my family back in Canada to stay in touch with us and what Hubs, the girls and I are doing.  I thought it would also be a great way to share photos with them.  


I have been SO blessed to have my readers and have learnt SO much from other bloggers.  I have to say I have truly been inspired by a lot of your bloggers and your comments mean the world to me.  Blogging is my outlet.  It's what I do when i'm stressed and feeling down.  I check into my faves and read.  I get inspired and get ideas.  Now I have more ideas than I know what to do with!!!.  I'm on the verge of opening my own Etsy shop!.  I never in my wildest dreams thought I was this creative and could find so much joy and happiness in all of this.  


Oh, and 1 more thing....if I hadn't of started blogging, I would have never found The Pioneer Woman!!!








5 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

I'm only a recent follower, but love your work :) My blogging kinda happened the opposite way... started after reading a friend's blog, started my own, THEN read everyone else's. And realised I had no idea what I was actually doing, lol!

Lisa said...

I love your blog too! I'm just a few months into my blog, but I love blogging too! It's definitely a stress reliever. I follow way too many blogs, but I don't care...I have atleast 100+ posts to go through on my Google Reader every day...lol. Sorry I can't help with your guest blogger post...I have no idea, but I'm sure someone else will! Oh, and The Pioneer Woman rocks! If you've never read her novel "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"...you should. It's hilarious and amazing! :)
~Lisa@OrganizedChoas

Lisa said...

I had an idea....what if you "cut" the code out of the post..then switched over to HTML and pasted them on that way? Then switched back to compose post...... you might could give that a try??? Just a thought...not sure if it would work.
~Lisa@OrganizedChaos

Patricia said...

Welcome to Blogaholic. Hope you got the help for your blog. If not leave a post on Blogaholic and someone will help.
Your blog is amazing.
Stop by and visit my blogs.

My main blog:
http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

My book blog:
http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/

Kaitlin Jean said...

Hello Miss Mommy!! Just wanted to let you know I also have been wondering about the whole button thing! I linked you in to my post today! :) Hopefully we will get it figured out! :) btw LOVE your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...