Sunday, September 4, 2011

I went on a date...


...with Hubs.
Can I tell you how nice it is to just go out for dinner....ALONE?!

We try and do this once a month but it doesn't happen.  With Hubs' work schedule, we pretty much only get to plan something at the last minute.  Planning in advance is a thing of the past for us.

Hubs worked 6 straight night shifts this week and had Saturday night off so he said "let's go for tea".  We had heard about a nice place and tried to book in but they were full.  So I googled (like I do for everything" and found a list of restaurants and just picked one off the list and that's where we went.

It was called Match Bar & Grill

You know how when you walk in somewhere you get a pretty good feel for what the experience is going to be like?.  Well, the second we walked in, we were greeted by the owner, who asked us what drink we were having on them!.  We were seated at a very nice table and given the drinks list.

This was the backdrop to our table:


















Once we received our drinks, we ordered an appetizer and it was delicious.

Of course I had to snap a few shots of us before the food came


























Once the food came the camera suddenly got forgotten about.  The food was so good, we were too busy stuffing our faces to even think about taking a picture of the food.

Over all, the restaurant was impeccable, the food was delicious, the service was amazing and we rated it a definite A++++.  We will definitely head back there in future.  I was crossing my fingers all night that it would be good because if it wasn't Hubs would never let me hear the end of it for choosing a place to eat!

Of course I couldn't let the evening go by without doing a few outfit shots:


























I know you guys have seen this cardigan before - sorry.  I don't have a huge wardrobe selection and felt really comfortable in this.

Cardi, Belt & Necklace: Dotti
White shirt: Temt
Skinny Jeans: Cotton ON
Wedges: Big W
Bag: Coach

12 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds like a great night (and a great place) - glad you got to go out :) I like that outfit, Im a sucker for mustard/yellow. And your hair looks beautiful like that!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

You look SO great Nicole!! Love everything about the outfit!! YAY for date nights!! Sounds like a wonderful night!

A Little Piece of Me said...

You look great and the place sounds so good! I'm glad it turned out great.

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Yay for date nights, it sounds like you picked a good restaurant! Very cute outfit by the way! =D

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a great night! Nice outfit too =)

Melissa, SoChick! said...

Yay for Date nights! Hubby and I went out for dinner last night, too! You look great, love that yellow!

Chubskulit Rose said...

You look fabulous! I can't see the link for your GFC follower. Thanks for the visit.

Pidg said...

Yay for dates with Hubs! I know how wonderful those are and how few and far between they can be. My husband and I just appreciate a few hours of quiet sometimes that's all we can get because we don't sleep much. Get them when you can Nicole, I don't know what's happened but since the kids are older I have even less time than when they were little!

Jenny K said...

We try to do date night around here once a month, too! So far it's been working out really well. It helps that my parents babysit for FREE! :) Thanks for visiting from the SSS hop! I'm your newest follower!

Mehera said...

that looks like a really nice restaurant!

i am a new follower from SSS, please follow me back: http://quiet-ct.blogspot.com

Daenel T. said...

You look great. So glad that you and your husband had a wonderful time (date nights are always special, especially when they're few and far between).

Mindie Hilton said...

You look great, love that color cardi on you, great wedges too. My first "desperate 4 date night" linky is starting Thursday, hope you will linke this up.
I can live vicariously through you until I find a sitter.
Here was my WIWW
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/09/shopping-for-cause-and-what-i-wore.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...