Friday, September 2, 2011

To My Real Life Bestie

Some of you may have an adverse opinion to this, but I believe Soul Mates don't necessarily have to be your significant other.  I believe a soulmate is someone that can finish your sentences, know what you're thinking before you say it & loves you unconditionally. 

My soulmate is this girl - my real life Best Friend Elishia.  Unfortunately I don't get to see her because she lives in Canada. 


























We can finish eachothers sentences, and sit together in silence all while having a full blown conversation.
I know what shes thinking before she thinks it. 
She knows me better than anyone & she's always there to encourage me and support me no matter what.
I know that no matter how much time passes that when we do see eachother it will be as if not a minute has gone by.




















We have known eachother for close to 12 years. 
She knows my family.
She knows my children.
She also knows all my secrets.
She knows what I look like in the morning & knows what I like and don't like to eat.





















This girl is my best friend and knows everything there is to know about me.

The last time I saw my best friend was June 2009 on that warm day in a parking lot as we hugged goodbye not knowing when we would see eachother again.  Ofcourse we were both crying, but we knew then that it wouldn't be forever and that we are friends for life. 




















This is the last picture I have of the 2 of us before I left to move to Australia.  I was 4 months pregnant with Lilah here.  

Throughout the 2 years that i've been living in Melbourne, Elishia continues to amaze me by sending me cards, packages, e-mails and writes on my Facebook wall to keep in touch with me and the girls.  She sends the girls packages and cards telling them how much Auntie Elishia loves them.  That means more to me than anyone will ever know.  It amazes me how self-less she is and despite me being so far away she always manages to make me feel loved and put a smile on my face.

About 4 years ago, Elishia met a boy.  A perfect boy. 


.

















I knew he was the one.  I knew it from the start.  He loves her and she loves him so much.

After I moved to Melbourne, they bought their first house and got engaged.  I was so sad that I wasn't there for those monumental events in her life.  She knew I was cheerleading her from afar - I made sure of that.

Once the engagement happened, she started planning her wedding.  I had hopes of being there for it, but finances and circumstances have led to me having to stay here.  Elishia knows that I would literally cut of one of my limbs to be there standing right beside her on her wedding day.  I want to be the one who tells her how beautiful she is on her wedding day, and make sure everything goes according to plan.  I want to be the one who makes sure she's wearing something borrowed, something blue and something new.  But I can't be. 

Today, the 2nd of September, 2011, my best friend is marrying her perfect boy.




















Elishia, I wish you every single bit of happiness in the world today and in your future with Gord.  You both mean the world to me, and I know there's a bright future ahead for you guys.  Even though I am not there physically with you today, I am with you in your heart. 

I WILL see you soon.  I love you. 









8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Congrats to Elishia and I am so sorry you can not be there to enjoy her special day with her. But if you say you're as close as you are, she understands. :)

Amber said...

So sorry you couldn't be there. I heart my bestie more then anything as well! A few times I have told her my exciting news or fears before telling my husband. Hope you get the chance to have a visit with her soon.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, I know EXACTLY what you are going through!!! Although you know all about it from my emails :) I'm so sorry! Your post made me choke up because I know so well :(
-Jade

Erica {My Two Roads} said...

I can SO relate to this post girl!! It is hard being so far from our loved ones, and the time difference to boot is very obnoxious!!! Sometimes you feel like life is moving forward without you, especially when you see marriages, babies being born, and houses purchased...

Here is a quote I LOVE:
"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

xoxo
Erica

Heather said...

So sad! I know your heart is breaking!! Hoping you get to see her soon!!

Cathy said...

Wow....you had me in tears! I wish I had a jet to come pick you up and bring you to her....just so you guys can be together on her special day!!! To bad they weren't honeymooning in Austraila! The best part of your story is the testimony of true friendship! I love this post!

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

Aww my lovely Nicole. That made me so sad for you. I am so sorry you couldn't be there for your bestie, what a lucky girl she is to have someone like you who cares so so much. I truly hope that you two can see each other soon. Take care of yourself xo

kyna... said...

Ahhh, my heart goes out to you! :-(
♥ Kyna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...