Friday, November 11, 2011

Our history {Part 1}


{Warning: Theres an over-abundance of pictures in this post}


Hubs and I met, married and had Eve all within 1 year.  

You say quick, I say LOVE.  

It was so amazing being with Hubs.  He was my rock, my love, my husband, the father of my baby and my  biggest fan.  


We were young.  I was only 21 and hubs was 22.  We married in Niagara Falls, Canada on June 24, 2005.  It was a small but perfect wedding.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  We had the reception in my parents backyard and it was perfect.  

In Feb of 2006 we had our first baby girl Eve Loretta Wellon.  She was born on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:41 pm weighing in at 8 lbs 5 oz.



We adapted to parent-hood quickly.  Eve made it very easy for us.  She was a fantastic baby  She slept through the night early and was fantastic.  



We had a perfect bundle of joy.



To the outside world we had it all.  

I wish so much that I could tell you all that we were blissfully happy.  

But inside we were empty.  We were suffering.

{I know I look pregnant in this picture, but it was taken about 2 weeks after I gave birth}

I took a year off work.  I spent every single day with Eve.


Hubs worked so hard to provide for us.  He started early, worked late and we spent hardly any time together.  The weekends were spent catching up on housework, visiting friends and family and hubs getting as much sleep as he could for the work week ahead.  

Somewhere in that time we lost eachother.  


we lost eachother in the hustle and bustle of life.  

But we never lost sight of what was important.  Eve.





Eve kept us focused.  She kept us motivated to be the best we could be and make it all work.  



We fought.  We dis-agreed.  We didn't like eachother.  But we never fell out of love.  

{part 2 coming soon}


 

17 comments:

Erica {My Two Roads} said...

My new favorite photo of you ever.... with Eve sleeping on your chest! Look at those green eyes!! Stunning!!
Excited to read part 2, so well written... loved it!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's funny to me how you copy everything LMM does. Do you ever have ideas of your own?

Unknown said...

Beautiful Family!

Janice said...

Hey Anonymous, Nicole probably has more ideas in her little finger then you do in your whole body. If you can't say anything nice, THEN SHUT UP!
Regards

Unknown said...

Hey anonymous...its funny to me that as an adult you've obviously never heard the expression, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut!"

Nicole is telling HER story, not anyone else's therefore there is no copying bring done.

I loved YOUR story Nicole and and cannot wait to read more! Love ya girl...don't let anyone steal your sunshine, they're not worth it. xoxo

the Momma Bird said...

Can't wait to read the rest :)

Unknown said...

I too am looking forward to reading more!

Unknown said...

Intriguing!!! I just want to say that by sharing your story, you're not copying anyone. Your story is your own to tell. Everyone wants a place to tell their story and for their story to matter... So tell it girl! WE wanna read it! And honestly, it's quite refreshing to hear that it wasn't all perfect! Most people just glass over that!

Unknown said...

I think the whole idea of blogging gaining strength and inspiration from each other. This post is hitting home for me right now as hubby and I seem to be drowning in work and taking care of children. I can totally relate to what you are were going through. I am glad that you were inspired to write this post no matter where the inspiration came from. If others don't appreciate it, they can read else where. Can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

I was about to say.. this is HER story and i dont believe its copying at all..

Such a wonderful story. and such an adorable kiddo! I love the cheesy grin picture :)

the Momma Bird said...

umm anonymous - have you read other blogs lately? everyone has a "love story" "birth story" and nicole is just sharing "their" story. so back off. if you don't like it don't read it. irritating.

Katie said...

I LOVE all the pictures - Eve was a beautful baby! And has turned into a beautiful little girl :)
I think "Anonymous" is jealous, hence the "anonymous"!
Keep it coming Nicole, I cant wait to read more, and see more pics of your beautiful family!

Meesh said...

OMG! Too cute!! Love your story!! :) Can not wait for the rest!! And to anyone who does not care for it, it is meant for her true readers and fans!! WE LOVE hearing what you have to say Nicole!! :)

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Awwww. This is kinda sad, but sweet. Real. I love it! I can't wait to read more.

Emily said...

Nicole- I love your blog and YOUR story. Thanks for sharing! Have been through similar so its nice to hear I'm not alone in having struggles. Your honesty is sweet -just like you!

To anonymous- it wouldn't matter what topic it was someone in "blog land" would probably have written about it also. Meaning every post anyone makes could be called copying. No need for unkind words they are a waste of time.... next time yoy feel negative give "lmm" a compliment if you love her writing and don't bother with being mean to someone.

Ashley said...

I can totally relate to losing eachother in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is far too easy to do, especially at the beginning of parenthood. Can't wait to read more. :)

and I definitely agree that anonymous must just be jealous.

Lacey said...

I loved this. You and your hubby were practically the same ages my husband and me were when we got married - I was 21 and he was 23. And we all have our tough times, so it's nice when others share so we know we are not alone! Keep sharing your stories! Ignore anonymous! Anyone who needs to hide behind the "anonymous" setting is not worth your time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...