Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our History {Part 4}

Read Part 1 here
Read Part 2 here
Read Part 3 here

Let me just clarify some things here.  Things we tough for Hubs and I.  He worked, I worked, and we virtually spent no time together.  We never fell out of love though.  We stuck by eachother.  Things weren't always bad, we had some great times.

Part 3 left off with us starting to try for a second child.  

We had no troubles getting pregnant with Eve, so we both thought it would be easy and it would happen really quickly.  

But it didn't.  We spent so much time focusing on having another baby that it near ruined me.  I was devastated each month when I got my "friend".  I just tried to stay positive and focused on Eve.







Summer of 2008 we moved about an hour and 10 mins from my parents.  

We had a great summer together and for a while we actually stopped worrying about another baby.  








Once fall came, we were back to trying for a second child and I went to speak to the doctor about what the problem could be.  






My doctor put me on Clomid for 3 cycles and we still didn't conceive.   Each month was devastating - that medication was going to help, right?.  But no, each month was another heart break.

Pretty soon Christmas was upon us.






We had been discussing the possibility of moving over seas for a while and finally around Christmas 2008 decided to do it.  

The thought of taking Eve away from my family killed me but I had to make decisions based upon my family - Hubs and Eve and any subsequent children.

We decided to stop trying for our second child and focus on moving to Australia.  We thought once we got to Melbourne and settled we would try again.






Little did we know it wouldn't be just the 3 of us for much longer.

Stay tuned for Part 5

Photobucket

7 comments:

A Little Piece of Me said...

Girl, the suspense is killing me!!! Who ever decided it was a good idea to do these little bits of torture, I'd like to ring their necks about now. :) Kidding, totally. ;)

I hear you on the clomid and thinking it would be easy but nothing happens. One day I will tell my entire story. It hurts my brain just thinking about re-hashing it in detail. Oh and what about those clomid mood swings??? OMG I hated it. I kept telling my doctor with every fertility drug I had to do... This is a time I'm supposed to LOVE my husband... not want to KILL HIM!!!!!! :)

Debby said...

I am enjoying your series......your life is real life.

Christine Pettijohn said...

I agree these bits are killing me. Like reading your story though and it is very real.

Amy Bateman said...

Don't leave us in suspense like that. What an amazing story that you have overcome the adversity and are stronger for it. I can't wait for part 5. :)

Meesh said...

Not nice to make us wait ;) But so worth it thus far!!
Love your love story!! Really sweet and real!
-Meesh :)

How was your vacay?!

Alexandra Rose said...

Awww so cute :-) I like the last line, you're leaving us hanging!! The picture of your little girl in the bath tub bubbles is too cute.
Visiting through the weekend blog hop.
http://beingmama.com/
http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Cute blog! Following you from the Lots of Lovin' Weekend Blog Hop. I hope you will stop by and follow Swanky Baby too!

Swanky Baby
http://swankybaby.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...